Terms and Conditions
i. An application fee of £30 is applicable. If you have not been successful in your application £30 will be deducted from your deposit.
ii. No refunds, credits or transfers are available on cancellation of the course prior to, during or after the start date.
iii. Please be aware that once you have commenced the teacher training course with us you are in a contractual agreement to pay ALL of the course fees, regardless of whether you decide to complete the course or not.
iv. For any complaints, please put them in writing and email us on; [email protected]
v. As a student of your training course, I consent to my contact details (name, email and phone number) being passed onto our certifying body, Yoga Alliance Professionals, so they can contact me directly and invite me to register as a Trainee and Teacher. I understand that I have the option of opting out of this registration process.
vi. We will send a full contract once your application is successful, however, here is an outline of our code of conduct;
Set out below are the basic ethical standards with which we expect all our students and graduates to comply. They supplement the yamas and niyamas and other basic norms of yogic behaviour.
- You are responsible for your own body and your own practice.
If you need to come out of any physical poses or experience pain then please stop and rest to avoid injury.
Bristol School of Yoga cannot take responsibility for any injury caused whilst training.
- Attend every module and be focused throughout the course modules
- Respect your fellow trainees and the course tutors/assistants i.e. turning phones off
- Preferably sitting up attentively in sessions (unless ill/ injured)
- Listen attentively to each other
- Only offer services as a yoga teacher you feel competent to provide
- Do not make inaccurate statements about yourself or your experience/training
- Do not attempt to diagnose a student’s physical/ mental condition (unless you are qualified to do so professionally)
- Be honest and straightforward in business dealings
- Respect your student’s beliefs and values
- Engage an attitude of compassion towards your students
- Do not criticise your students or talk about them in a disrespectful way
- Do not undermine other yoga teachers/ trainees or any other system of yoga
- Not to discriminate on grounds of any personal preference or on grounds of race, religion, age, sexual orientation etc.
- Do not undermine any medical advice/help your students may receive
- Always act with tact and consideration in talking to your students, sometimes you may need to wait for a quiet space in which to talk away from others
- Do not engage in any personal relationship with a student that takes advantage of your position as a teacher. This may include sexual relationships.
- If you do feel unable to continue teaching a student for any reason try to provide a referral to another suitable yoga teacher.
vii. It is of prime importance that you attend all of the training days that are scheduled as part of the course. This is so you meet the requirements of the course and cover the number of training contact hours set by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
If you need to miss a module due to ill health you may catch up on a later course, the fee for this is £100. Or you may be able to attend a 1-2-1 catch-up session at the rate of £60/ hour at the discretion of the course tutor.
If you need to defer to a later course due to extenuating circumstances, please put this in writing to Laura Gilmore. The deferral fee is £1000. Deferral is necessary if you are missing more than 10 days of tuition.
Please note it is only possible to defer to a later intake once.