500 Hour Yoga Teacher Diploma
Bristol School of Yoga is committed to supporting yoga teachers to continue to develop in their practice and teaching. We strongly believe the best way to do this is to continue learning in an inspiring and supportive environment. To this end we bring together some of the UK’s most experienced yoga teachers to guide your teaching and practice to greater depths in our 500hr Yoga Teaching Diploma
Our flexible, modular Yoga Teaching Diploma level 2 training course has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals which means all our graduates are trained to the highest standard and are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals after the course.
Build up your 300 hours from our 6 core intensives and 2 additional specialist intensives.
You can join and complete the course at anytime, for a structure that suits you best.
- Intelligent Class Sequencing
- Subtle Body I - Prana and Vayus
- Myofascial Release Through Touch, Movement and Yoga
- Subtle Body II - Balancing the Chakras
- The Art of Adjusting Asana
- Subtle Body III - Earth to Flight Through the Bandhas
In addition to the core intensives you must complete two intensive courses of your choosing, this will be at an additional cost. The total hours of your two intensives must be at least 65 hours.
Additional intensives available at Bristol School of Yoga (BSY) include: Ashtanga, Pregnancy Yoga, Restorative and Yin Yoga (others are being developed).
Alternatively you may decide to make one of your intensives as an apprenticeship with Laura Gilmore or another of the BSY key teachers.
Our in-depth 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Diploma
- Supports your ongoing personal and professional development, so your experience helps you to teach with authenticity
- Covers yoga teachings developed from the search for perennial truths, the discovery of a reality that withstands anything we throw at it.
- Gives you the skills and experience you need to get your practice and teaching flowing together in a synchronised and organic whole
- Enables you to teach varied classes, workshops and retreats to all levels of students
- Allows you to gain a depth of knowledge to help you become an exceptional teacher of yoga
- In addition to this you will be qualified to teach two other methods or traditions of yoga based on your choice of intensive courses or specialist yoga trainings. A variety of intensive courses are available at Bristol City Yoga, including Pregnancy Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga and Ayurveda. You can also undertake an apprenticeship as one of your chosen intensives.
"I found the course had a very well balanced structure. I also thought the mix of practice and theory spot on which really allowed me to feel the impact of the learning. The use of ‘guest’ teachers was also good as it allowed exposure to different styles. I particularly enjoyed the fascia workshop and the yoga nidra”
- Sheryl, Yoga Teacher Diploma Trainee
Why train with Bristol School of Yoga?
- Be reassured that you are getting the highest quality of teaching from experienced teachers.
- Have the attention you require – small teaching groups to ensure 1-1 treatment.
- Be able to teach worldwide, we are accredited with Yoga Alliance UK and USA.
- Be taught a detailed and comprehensive syllabus - truly understand the philosophy of yoga, about your mental and physical practice and about yourself.
- Have all the tools you need to teach.
- Be a part of something – a lot of our graduates have gone on to open their own studios in the South West or teach at Bristol City Yoga.
- Set up a payment plan that works for you – we offer flexible payment plans and monthly instalments.
Laura Gilmore leads the training programmes at Bristol School of Yoga. Laura has been teaching yoga since 2002 and is certified to train teachers to the highest level. Laura shares an in depth knowledge of yoga traditions, meditation practices, pranayama techniques. She is known for intelligently sequencing classes to enable students to move deeper into the asana whilst focusing the mind. Laura teaches with frankness, warmth, and humour, always celebrating the absurd and the beautiful of being human.
You must have a yoga teaching qualification (e.g. 200 hour, level 1 Yoga Alliance Professionals course) as a prerequisite for the Yoga Teacher Diploma course.
The course consists of six four day modules (Thursday – Sunday) spread over a period of 15 – 18 months. You will also need to study up to two intensive courses or specialist yoga trainings of your choice at an additional cost. These intensive yoga courses need to make up a total of 65 hours to contribute to your diploma training course.
You can follow our designated 500 hour course route which is designed to create a logical and cohesive structure to maximise the depth of your experience. It is a flexible rolling course, allowing you to take the intensives at a time that suits you, and to count the hours of study towards the total 300 hours required for you Yoga Teacher Diploma. Some intensives are repeated annually and others bi-annually. For each intensive you will receive a BSY Certificate.
You can pay the course off in full or sign up to our payment plan below to pay in instalments;
£1,000 - Deposit on application to reserve your space on the course
£500 - 2nd April
£500 - 2nd May
£500 - 2nd June
£500 - 2nd July
As you can join this course at any time, the payment dates are subject to change.
We are now offering a £250 discount off this Diploma to students who have completed their 200hr Teacher Training with us, please get in touch for details.
If this sounds like the course for you then click apply now to your yoga teacher training journey.