200 Hour Training – Hatha (Weekends)
We have developed an excellent reputation for offering one of the UK’s best yoga teacher training courses since 2009. If you want to transform your yoga practice and teach yoga then our 200 hour yoga teacher training course is a great place to start.
The key yoga tutors at Bristol School of Yoga have over 15 years’ experience ensuring you receive teacher training to the highest standards. Our course offers a broad philosophical framework for study, but also delves into the detail of teaching asana. Our students love the sense of community felt on the course, we allow time for knowledge-sharing and personal reflection so you can fully develop your teaching practice.
200 hour Hatha - Course overview
Our in-depth 200hr Hatha teacher training course will teach you:
- How to teach yoga from your own experience
- Anatomy and physiology with specific reference to yoga breathing and asana
- How to instruct beginners safely with attention to alignment
- How to sequence classes that are suitable for beginners/intermediate students
- How to sequence a yoga course for beginners
- How to incorporate key texts into your yoga teaching or for personal reflection
- How to teach effectively through verbal instruction, demonstration and hands on adjustments
- An understanding of yoga ethics - how to embody the teachings of yoga
- How to recognise and accommodate the differing needs of your yoga students
95% of our students teach within 3 months
“This course has been truly transformational...it’s the best decision I’ve made for a while. I have learned so much, worked so hard, and loved every second of it! This course will not only help you become a registered yoga teacher, but also offers an insight into yourself and your own practice”
- Victoria, 200hr teacher trainee
Why train as a yoga teacher with Bristol School of Yoga?
- Be reassured that you are getting the highest quality of teaching from experienced teachers.
- Have the attention you require – small teaching groups to ensure 1-1 treatment.
- Be able to teach worldwide, we are accredited with Yoga alliance.
- Be taught a detailed and comprehensive syllabus - truly understand the philosophy of yoga, about your mental and physical practice and about yourself.
- Have all the tools you need to teach – business and marketing workshops to enable you for the next step.
- Be a part of something – a lot of our graduates have gone on to open their own studios in the South West or teach at Bristol City Yoga.
- Set up a payment plan that works for you – we offer flexible payment plans and monthly instalments.
Laura Gilmore leads the training programmes at Bristol School of Yoga. With over 15 years' teaching experience, Laura is certified to train teachers to the highest level. Laura shares an in depth knowledge of yoga traditions, meditation practices, pranayama techniques. Evolving a practice from dynamic ashtanga and comprehensive hatha to subtle chakra and tantra work, focussing on the precision of Iyengar.
"Another brilliant weekend. I feel like it's all starting to come together now - all the different elements linking and intertwining. Loving every minute of this journey. The group is so supportive and Laura's passion and knowledge is making the learning both enjoyable and incredibly useful, thank you!"
- 200hr course attendee
The course consists of eleven two day modules (usually Saturday - Sunday, but occasionally Friday - Saturday), that run from 9.00 am - 5.00 pm each day. There is also an assessment day at the end of the course. The course is usually spread over a period of 12 months.
We ask that students have been practising for a minimum of two years with a studio or teacher.
If you are unsure about your eligibility for the course, please get in contact before applying. You can apply for the course by clicking on the apply button below and completing the enrolment form.
You can either pay the course off in full or sign up to a monthly payment plan which begins when the course starts.
Standard Payment Plan:
£1,000 deposit to secure your place
2nd Oct 2019- £350
2nd Nov 2019- £350
2nd Dec 2019- £350
2nd Jan 2020 - £350
2nd Feb 2020 - £350
If this sounds like the course for you then give apply now and make the first step on your journey to become a Yoga Teacher.