200 Hour Training – Hatha (4 day module)
We have developed an excellent reputation for offering one of the UK’s best yoga teacher training courses since 2009. If you want to transform your yoga practice and teach yoga then our 200 hour yoga teacher training course is a great place to start.
The key yoga tutors at Bristol School of Yoga have over 15 years’ experience ensuring you receive teacher training to the highest standards. Our course offers a broad philosophical framework for study, but also delves into the detail of teaching asana. Our students love the sense of community felt on the course, we allow time for knowledge-sharing and personal reflection so you can fully develop your teaching practice.
What you will get on your Yoga training:
Our in-depth 200hr Hatha teacher training course will teach you:
- How to teach yoga from your own experience
- Anatomy and physiology with specific reference to yoga breathing and asana
- How to instruct beginners safely with attention to alignment
- How to sequence classes that are suitable for beginners/intermediate students
- How to sequence a yoga course for beginners
- How to incorporate key texts into your yoga teaching or for personal reflection
- How to teach effectively through verbal intruction, demonstration and hands on adjustments
- An understanding of yoga ethics - how to embody the teachings of yoga
- How to recognise and accomodate the differing needs of your yoga students
"This course has been truly transformational for me, and is the best decision I’ve made for a while. I have learned so much, worked so hard, and loved every second. I cannot thank Laura enough for the wisdom that she has imparted over the last 9 months. The course will not only help you become a registered yoga teacher, but also offers an insight into yourself and your own practice in a way that was unexpected for me. Our group has bonded through our yoga journey and I am grateful to have met such lovely people."
- Victoria, 200 hours teacher trainee
“The percentage of trainees who go on to teach within 3 months is higher than any other course we have researched. 85% of Bristol School of Yoga trainees teach within 3 months, the norm is 58% teach within 6 months" - Laura Gilmore, BSY Director
Why train as a Yoga Teacher with Bristol School of Yoga?
- Be reassured that you are getting the highest quality of teaching from experienced teachers.
- Have the attention you require – small teaching groups to ensure 1-1 treatment.
- Be able to teach worldwide, we are accredited with Yoga alliance.
- Be taught a detailed and comprehensive syllabus - truly understand the philosophy of yoga, about your mental and physical practice and about yourself.
- Have all the tools you need to teach – business and marketing workshops to enable you for the next step.
- Be a part of something – a lot of our graduates have gone on to open their own studios in the South West or teach at Bristol City Yoga.
- Set up a payment plan that works for you – we offer flexible payment plans and monthly instalments.
Laura Gilmore leads the training programmes at Bristol School of Yoga. Laura has been teaching yoga since 2002 and is certified to train teachers to the highest level. Laura shares an in depth knowledge of yoga traditions, meditation practices, pranayama techniques. She is known for intelligently sequencing classes to enable students to move deeper into the asana whilst focusing the mind. Laura teaches with frankness, warmth, and humour, always celebrating the absurd and the beautiful of being human.
We ask that students have been practising for two years with a studio or teacher.
If you are unsure about your eligibility for the course, please get in contact before applying . You can apply for the course by clicking on the apply button below and completing the enrolment form.
The course consists of five four day modules (Thursday – Sunday), plus an assessment day spread over a period of 9 months.