200 Hour Training – Ashtanga and Yin Yoga
We have developed an excellent reputation for offering one of the UK’s best yoga teacher training courses since 2009. We are very excited to be now offering for the first time our Ashtanga and Yin Yoga teacher training. Melanie Cooper teaches the Ashtanga system with compassion and respect for the individual student. If you want to deepen your yoga practice then our 200hr teacher training course is a great place to start.
What you will get on your Yoga training
How to teach yoga from your own experience
- How to sequence classes that are suitable for beginners/intermediate students
- To deepen your own practice with ashtanga, vinyasa flow, yin and restorative in terms of asana - but also with the subtle side of yoga meditation, pranayama, chanting, yoga nidra and for yin yoga the meridians
- Poses that are taught with modifications and broken down with alignment and biomechanics to make the practice safe, compassionate and accessible to all
- To teach clearly and compassionately through verbal instruction, demonstration and hands on adjustments
- How to incorporate key texts into your yoga teaching or for personal reflection
- An understanding of yoga ethics - how to embody the teachings of yoga
- How to recognise and accommodate the differing needs of your yoga students
“The percentage of trainees who go on to teach within 3 months is higher than any other course we have researched. 85% of Bristol School of Yoga trainees teach within 3 months, the norm is 58% teach within 6 months" - Laura Gilmore, BSY Director
Why train with Bristol School of Yoga?
- Be reassured that you are getting the highest quality of teaching from experienced teachers.
- Have the attention you require – small teaching groups to ensure 1-1 treatment.
- Be able to teach worldwide, we are accredited with Yoga Alliance USA.
- Be taught a detailed and comprehensive syllabus - truly understand the philosophy of yoga, about your mental and physical practice and about yourself.
- Have all the tools you need to teach – business and marketing workshops to enable you for the next step.
- Be a part of something – a lot of our graduates have gone on to open their own studios in the South West or teach at Bristol City Yoga.
- Set up a payment plan that works for you – we offer flexible payment plans and monthly instalments.
Melanie Cooper has over 20 years’ teaching experience. She brings extensive knowledge of yoga to every class, workshop and training course that she teaches. Melanie is the lead course tutor for the 200hr Ashtanga and Yin Yoga teacher training.
Since 2005 in Goa, Melanie has been involved with teacher training courses and has been actively involved, in one way or another, ever since – she has run her own intensive courses in India and longer courses in London.
The course consists of 24 tuition days over nine modules. Most modules are held Friday to Sunday, but there are a few occasions that are Saturday to Sunday, classes run from 8.00 – 17.30.
We ask that students have been practising for a minimum of two years with a studio or teacher.
If you are unsure about your eligibility for the course, please get in contact before applying. You can apply for the course by clicking on the apply button below and completing the enrolment form.
You can either pay the course off in full or sign up to the payment plan below:
£1,000 - Deposit on application to reserve your space on the course
£400 - 2nd April 2018
£400 - 2nd May 2018
£400 - 2nd June 2018
£400 - 2nd July 2018
£400 - 2nd August 2018
If this sounds like the course for you then give apply now and make the first step on your journey to become a Yoga Teacher.