Ashtanga and Yin Yoga Training 200-hour
- Flexible payment plans available
- Be part of a nurturing, supportive yoga community
- Train with the best, to be the best teacher you can be
- Transform your understanding of yoga, your practice and yourself
- Teach worldwide with Yoga Alliance accredited teacher training
Melanie Cooper teaches Ashtanga and Yin Yoga training with compassion, giving you the knowledge, skills and confidence to teach as an individual. During this training, you will enter a journey of self-discovery where we encourage you to find your unique voice as a yoga practitioner and teacher. The focus of this 200-hour training is on Ashtanga Vinyasa and Yin Yoga as tools for teaching and practising while also looking in-depth at other practices, such as meditation, yoga nidra, pranayama, chanting and bhajans.
Melanie has an incredible skill of balancing the dynamic energy and pace with the steady, even softness of a traditional, full count led class, as well as including beginner’s teaching points/use of props.
Understanding and exploring this was one of my personal aims for attending the course and is possibly what makes this particular course unique for Ashtanga teacher training.
- How to teach yoga from your own experience
- An understanding of yoga ethics - how to embody the teachings of yoga
- How to incorporate key texts into your yoga teaching or for personal reflection
- How to recognise and accommodate the differing needs of your yoga students
- How to sequence classes that are suitable for beginners and intermediate students
- To teach clearly and compassionately through verbal instruction, demonstration and hands-on adjustments
- Poses that are taught with modifications and broken down with alignment and biomechanics to make the practice safe, compassionate and accessible to all
- To deepen your own practice with Ashtanga, vinyasa flow, yin and restorative in terms of asana - but also with the subtle side of yoga meditation, pranayama, chanting, yoga nidra and for yin yoga the meridians
95% of our trainees teach yoga within a week of qualifying!
Why train with Bristol School of Yoga?
- Small Group Size (18 max)
- Ongoing support throughout the course
- Depth of knowledge offered by expert tutors
- Creative training incorporating up to date research from relevant fields
Lead Course Teacher
Melanie Cooper is the lead course tutor for the 200-hour Ashtanga and Yin Yoga teacher training. With over 20 years’ teaching experience Melanie brings extensive knowledge of yoga to every class, workshop and training course that she teaches. Since 2005 in Goa, Melanie has been actively involved with yoga teacher training courses and has run her own intensive courses in India as well as longer courses in London.
At least 2 years’ steady practice, including one year in person with a teacher
References from one yoga teacher and one character reference
The course consists of 24 tuition days over seven modules. Most modules are held Thursday to Sunday with a few variations. The course runs from 8.00a.m – 17.00 p.m each day.
It is of prime importance that you attend all of the training days that are scheduled as part of the course. This is so you meet the requirements of the course and cover the number of training contact hours set by Yoga Alliance.
If you have to miss a day due to extenuating circumstances, Bristol School of Yoga will try to be flexible and accommodate this by arranging catch-up time. Please note that we charge for this to cover the associated costs of teaching, venue and administrative time.
You can either pay the course off in full or sign up to a monthly payment plan. Get in touch for more information
If you would like to refer to the reading list click here.
Join us on the journey of a lifetime!