Yin Yoga Intensive
June 14, 2018 - June 17, 2018
Our Yin Yoga intensive course is an amazing opportunity to enter deep self-exploration of the body, mind and energy.
Join our course teacher, Melanie, who has over 20 years’ teaching experience and explore yin yoga in more depth. Our intensive course welcomes students of all abilities and is ideal for those interested in teaching yin yoga or incorporate yin poses into a more dynamic class.
This course is bookable as a stand-alone intensive course or as part of your 500 hour teacher training.
Yin Yoga - Course Skills
We will look at all the main aspects of yin yoga. Including:
- the model behind yin yoga – how it works and the reasons and benefits of the practice
- the physical anatomy of yin yoga
- the subtle anatomy of yin yoga – looking at the energetic model behind the practice, working with meridians and energy flows
where each meridian is in the body, what they are related to physically, mentally and emotionally
- how to stimulate the meridians
- the yin poses and class sequencing
- how to modify the poses and use props to make them safe for all body types, including hyper-mobile and very flexible bodies
- how to structure a practice and a class, including knowing how much to say and when
- using a healing touch in yin yoga
There will also be plenty of time to reflect and share experiences.
Yin Yoga Certification
You will receive a BSY certificate of attendance to the course, for those of you on the BSY (or Yoga campus) Yoga Alliance Course this intensive counts towards your 500 hour diploma course.
Sarah Powers, 'Insight Yoga: An Innovative Synthesis of Traditional Yoga, Meditation, and Eastern Approaches to Healing and Well-Being', 2008.
With over 20 years' teaching experience, Melanie Cooper brings extensive knowledge of yoga to every class she teaches. Melanie teaches the 200 hour Ashtanga teacher training with Laura as well as the 500 hour course. Since 2005 in Goa, Melanie has been involved with teacher training courses and has been actively involved, in one way or another, ever since - she has run her own intensive courses in India and longer courses in London.
How to book
It’s great to have you on board. There’s a two-step process with the sign up.
Firstly, you will need to apply through our booking site, where you can put down a deposit to book. Please do not pay the full amount until you hear from us.
Secondly, you will need to send us a bit of information about yourself using the contact form on this page:
- Your name and contact details (including telephone number)
- Your yoga experience to date
- A little information about your current practice
- Why you would like to do this course
Apply for this course
We’re so pleased you’d like to study with BSY. Place your deposit through the booking link and we'll be in contact shortly to confirm the next steps.