Yin Yoga Intensive
November 5, 2020 - November 8, 2020
Our Yin Yoga intensive course is an amazing opportunity to enter deep self-exploration of the body, mind and energy.
Join our course teacher, Melanie, who has over 20 years’ teaching experience and explore yin yoga in more depth. Our intensive course welcomes students of all abilities and is ideal for those interested in teaching yin yoga or incorporating yin poses into a more dynamic class.
This course is bookable as a stand-alone intensive course or as part of your 300 hour teacher training.
We will look at all the main aspects of yin yoga, including:
- the model behind yin yoga – how it works and the reasons and benefits of the practice
- the physical anatomy of yin yoga
- the subtle anatomy of yin yoga – looking at the energetic model behind the practice, working with meridians and energy flows
where each meridian is in the body, what they are related to physically, mentally and emotionally
- how to stimulate the meridians
- the yin poses and class sequencing
- how to modify the poses and use props to make them safe for all body types, including hyper-mobile and very flexible bodies
- how to structure a practice and a class, including knowing how much to say and when
- using a healing touch in yin yoga
There will also be plenty of time to reflect and share experiences.
You will receive a BSY certificate of attendance and for those of you on the BSY 300 hour training this intensive counts as 40 hours.
Essential Reading & Assignments
Sarah Powers, 'Insight Yoga: An Innovative Synthesis of Traditional Yoga, Meditation, and Eastern Approaches to Healing and Well-Being', 2008.
- Your body your yoga - anatomy
- Insight Yoga - meridians
- Brightening our inner skies - poems and stories
With over 20 years' teaching experience, Melanie Cooper brings extensive knowledge of yoga to every class she teaches. Melanie teaches the 200 hour Ashtanga and Yin teacher training course at BSY. She has been involved with teacher training courses in Goa since 2005 and runs her own intensive courses in India and longer courses in London.