Yin Yoga Intensive
November 5, 2020 - November 8, 2020
Enter deep self-exploration of the body, mind and energy.
Join our course teacher, Melanie, who has over 20 years’ teaching experience and explore Yin yoga in-depth. This course is open to students of all abilities and is ideal for those interested in teaching Yin yoga or incorporating Yin poses into a more dynamic class.
You can book this course on its own or as part of our Advanced 300-hour teacher training.
We will look at all the main aspects of yin yoga, including:
- the model behind yin yoga – how it works and the reasons and benefits of the practice
- the physical anatomy of yin yoga
- the subtle anatomy of yin yoga – looking at the energetic model behind the practice, working with meridians and energy flows
where each meridian is in the body, what they are related to physically, mentally and emotionally
- how to stimulate the meridians
- the yin poses and class sequencing
- how to modify the poses and use props to make them safe for all body types, including hyper-mobile and very flexible bodies
- how to structure a practice and a class, including knowing how much to say and when
- using a healing touch in yin yoga
There will also be plenty of time to reflect and share experiences.
With over 20 years' teaching experience, Melanie Cooper brings extensive knowledge of yoga to every class she teaches. Melanie teaches the 200 hour Ashtanga and Yin teacher training course at BSY. She has been involved with teacher training courses in Goa since 2005 and runs her own Intensive courses in India and longer courses in London.
Why train with Bristol School of Yoga
- Small group sizes (18 max)
- Expert tuition in a safe nurturing environment
- Gain expertise in different yoga traditions & practices
- Our trainees agree this is a transformational experience
Essential Reading & Assignments
Sarah Powers, 'Insight Yoga: An Innovative Synthesis of Traditional Yoga, Meditation, and Eastern Approaches to Healing and Well-Being', 2008.
- Your body your yoga - anatomy
- Insight Yoga - meridians
- Brightening our inner skies - poems and stories
You will receive a BSY certificate of attendance for 40 hours.
For those of you on the BSY Advanced 300-hour training this Intensive counts as 40 hours.
The training can also be used for Yoga Alliance CPD.
Yin Yoga Intensive